Bad MSD Coil

My car finally left me stranded. I am proud that after all the work I have done to it that it took just a little over a year before something broke and I needed the wife to come tow me home. I new it was an ignition issue so  I started testing there. The distributor has a new TFI module, but the distributor came for a junkyard so I assumed that it would be bad so I started testing the EFI distributor first. SBF Tech is a great site for trouble shooting tips. The distributor was good, so next I checked my MSD Coil. I just new it would be good. It and the TFI module were the only new parts of my whole ignition. Well it was bad. The secondary windings were open when testing with a multimeter. I replaced it with a stock coil and am back on the road in the Falcon.

Bad MSD Coil after 1 year of use. 

Comments