Through the floor Sub Frame connectors with new front spring perches

My future plans involve some trips to the drag strip with the Falcon to see what kind of times it will run. Ford Falcons are unibody cars from the factory so they need some subframe connectors installed if you plan any kind of spirited driving. There are a couple of companys that make them, but I decided to make my own. I am going to go with a through the floor type for maximum strength. If I ever add a roll bar I will attach it to the subframe connectors also. 

While I was installing the subframe connectors I also fabbed up two new front spring perches so I can move the Falcon's rear leaf spring to the inside of the frame rails. That will allow me to fit at least a 10" tire underneath which will help with traction and look mean. 
2" x 2" tubing used for DIY subframe connectors

New front sprig perch made out of 3/16" steel so I can move the leaf springs in later

DIY subframe connector for 1963 Ford Falcon with new front spring perch for rear leaf spring
Floor board cut for subframe install
Test fitting subframe fit


All welded up


I have these completed now and they made a big difference in how the car feels when you are driving it. I will get some pictures from underneath next time I am working down there. I will fab up some rear spring mounts next and then I will move the leaf springs and start trying to fit a big tire underneath it. 

Comments

  1. Any chance you could re-host the photos with a different site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are back up. Thanks for letting me know that they were not working.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment