I have owned the Falcon since I was 17.

1963 Ford Falcon being used as a shelf. 
I found it on the side of the road in Mt. Vernon Texas one day after school in 1990. It was primer gray and had the molding and bumpers removed. My older brother gave me the money to buy it. I paid 700.00 for it, but didn't have a way to get it home. Later that year after I saved enough money me and a friend borrowed his dads truck and rented a uhaul tow dolly. We got the Falcon loaded up and headed home. About 20 miles from home the tow vehicle ran out of gas. The truck had two tanks, but the switch was not working and I had put the gas in the wrong tank. So we unloaded the Ford Falcon, put the driveshaft back in and drove it home. My mom was not very happy, but it was a great first road trip in the car. We took my moms car, 1979 Ford Thunderbird, and headed back. We could have taken a gas can, but that would have been to easy for teenagers. We used the Thunderbird to pull the truck to the nearest gas station. Good times.

I joined the Navy and the Ford Falcon set for 10 years under a shed that my dad built for it. A Navy buddy, me and my wife went to Texas and pulled it back to North Carolina about 11 years ago. I took the car apart and mostly lost interest.  About 2 years ago my wife said I should finish it or sell it. Thus the Restomod 1963 Ford Falcon was born.

Comments

  1. We're following your restoration project. Has to feel good to dig into it after all of those years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does. I will get back to work on it soon. I have the 289 and T5 in it now, but summer time is family time, so I have not been able to work on the Falcon as much as I would like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment