Found a Machine Shop

So I needed to have my Craigslist block align honed. I started calling and most local shops were quoting $200.00. I did not want to spend that much so I expanded my search region. I stumbled upon Deep Creek Motors, Inc. on of all places Craigslist. I call and talked and they quoted me $98.00 for an align bore and $30.00 to set my crank bearing clearances, I just needed to bring my crank and bearings.

That sounded fair to me, so I told them I would be there Friday morning. Friday got here and I called and headed that way. It was an 1:15 minutes from my house. I was expecting to drop my parts off, and have to come back some time later, but was pleasantly surprised. We unloaded my block and crank and then they said, "Come on back, we will do this right now so you don't have to make a drive all the way back out here." Sweet...

So they machined my block and checked my bearing clearances while I watched. I paid and extra $15.00 to have my block washed in their non-caustic bath. If your block already has cam bearings in it, do not clean it in a caustic bath or you will be buying new cam bearings. So for a grand total of $143.00 I was ready to start putting my motor together. So if you are near the Burlington, NC area, check out Deep Creek Motors if you ever need any machine work done.


Comments