Scored a set of 351 heads

Keeping with the budget build theme I have found a set of 351 heads that have been ported and polished, have 1.96 and 1.60 valves, good valve springs, screw in studs, and guide plates. Just about any aftermarket aluminum head will out perform these heads, but I got these for $300.00. For that much money I can deal with not having the nice look of aluminum heads and the weight savings the would give me. Plus with the supercharger the Falcon will still make plenty of power with these heads.
Ported and Polished 351 head

351 heads with screw in studs and guideplates

351 Heads with larger valves installed
One thing to remember if you are going to install 351 heads on a 289/302 is that the head bolts are different. 289/302's have 1/2" head bolts where as 351's have 7/16" heads bolts. There are two ways to fix this small problem. You can buy some expensive ARP stepped head bolts, or you can by some bushing for around $45.00. I already have 289/302 ARP head bolts that aren't stepped, so I bought some bushings off of E-Bay. They were $5.00 cheaper on there than any where else I could find them. Make sure you are buying a set of 20, not 10.



Comments