Pulled the 5.0 to make room for the Short Rod 289

I started on this yesterday. It would have been smooth removal except for my pita headers. I plan on having the car apart for a while. While I am changing the motor out of the Falcon, I am also swapping the Ford C4 automatic for a T5 five speed. I am also going to do a wire tuck. Fox body mustang owners have been doing it and it makes the engine compartment look much cleaner. I am glad to report that the engine hoist I got off of Craigslist for $65.00 did not kill me. Hopefully it will work just as well when I put the motor back in.
5.0 and C4 auto pulled from my 1963 Ford Falcon

 My 1963 Ford Falcon was originally an auto car, so I bought a clutch pedal off of E-bay a while ago. I scored a T5 set up off of a local forum and I plan on making my own hydraulic clutch set up. There are several write ups on doing a diy hydraulic clutch with manual brakes, but I have a Geo metro power brake set up in my Falcon. I have a feeling that will complicate the placement of the clutch master cylinder. I will post up my setup after I get it together.

The first thing to do will be the wire tuck. I wired the whole car up myself over about 6 years, unfortunately the wiring morphed into a catastrophe as more and more things got added. The best thing to do would be to buy a nice harness from a company like Painless Wiring, but I have more time than dinero, so I will re-wire the birds nest you see.
Fuel Injection wiring mess on 1963 Ford Falcon

The funniest thing that happened while pulling the motor out of the Falcon was that I found my Vise Grips. I have been looking for them for about 2 months. I accused my wife and my kid of losing them, but they both swore that they hadn't touched them. Now we have proof that I was the last person to have them. I am amazed that they never came off of the car. I was messing with my hood hinges about 2 months ago and one of the nuts was stripped out, so I clamped them on and there they stayed until today.

Vise Grips are awesome!



Comments