The Wire Tuck is Underway!



When I first installed my fuel injection set up, I did not give much thought to how that many wires could make my engine compartment look so bird nest like. I did some searching and found that lots of Fox body 5.0's do a wire tuck to clean up their engine compartments. I liked the look and decided that I would do this while I had the Falcon down for the motor/5-speed swap.

Messy wiring. This is the wiring for the headlights and MSD coil and 6A
Up close of the coil and 6A

To get ready to hide all the wiring the first thing I did was pull the driver's side fender.

1963 Ford Falcon with driver's side fender off for wire tuck
After I pulled the fender I used and 1 3/8" hole saw and drilled two new holes for all the wires to go through. You want to drill the front hole all the way forward so the wire loom will come out under the radiator support.

Hole drilled for wire tuck as far forward as possible on 1963 Ford Falcon

After cutting and lengthening lots of wires this is how they look hidden in the fender well. I double tie wrapped most of the wires just in case.

Wires tucked in 1963 Ford Falcon with fuel injection.

Here is the final product. Check out the before and after shots of the drivers side engine compartment. The wire tuck is the way to go if you want a clean clutter free engine compartment.

Before
1963 Ford Falcon before wire tuck

After
1963 Ford Falcon after wire tuck.


This was a fairly easy mod to do, but it takes time. I am already tired of shrink wrap, solder and burnt finger tips, but I still have one more side to go. I also plan on cutting out the notorious salt and pepper shakers out of the 5.0 fuel injection harness to eliminate any possible issues from them as they get older. 






Comments

  1. i have a 1963 ford falcon with 2.3 e
    fuelinjeced moter what wires did you have to wire up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to power up the coil when cranking, the coil when the key is On, and power and grounds to the EECIV computer. Make sure to have good grounds. I ran an 8 gauge wire back to the battery to a juction box so I could have good grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have 2.3 fuel injected turbo in 63 falcon timing trouble when i set the timing it wont start it drags turn it back runs but pops and no power

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I have never worked on a 2.3 so I will not be much help. Did you remove the spout when setting the timing? You can check out the Rangerstation. They have lots of info on 2.3 timing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment