DIY LS Motor Mounts for Ford

The TBSS oil pan didn't work so I ended up having to get the GTO oil pan after all. With the TBSS oil pan and the turbo 400 transmission I could not get a correct drive line angle. But with the GTO oil pan everything fit perfect so it's time to make some motor mounts. When I bought my 5.3 it came with a stock motor mounts so I used those as templates. I bought some 1/8" plate steel and 3/16" flat bar to cut up and weld together to make solid motor mounts.
Tracing the pattern onto the plate steel for the DIY LS Motor Mount
Using the chop saw on the DIY LS Motor Mount
Drilling the 4 holes need to bolt the DIY LS Motor Mount onto my 5.3

1963 Ford Falcon with LS 5.3
Once I got the motor sitting right, I measured the angle that I needed to cut the flat bar at. I have the plates I cut and drilled bolted to the motor and used 2 of the original 3 motor mount bolts on the frame. I tacked them together and then removed them for final welding 

I used the top 2 motor mount holes for DIY LS Motor Mounts

Here are the 2 almost finished. I still need 1 more bolt hole and some bracing
I plan to install some bracing on the back side of my DIY LS Motor mount
 
DIY LS Motor Mount for Ford Falcon.
So next up will be notching the shock towers to get some room for some exhaust. Since I am going turbo I will need to do front facing exhaust. It should be fun.

Comments