Adjusted the valves on my 289

My pushrods came in today so I was able to adjust my valves. There are lots of different opinions on the proper way to do this, but I went this valve adjustment video. Hopefully in a few weeks I can report back that it was dead on about not having to adjust the valves again.


I had to do one thing different. I have poly locks for my delta series roller rockers, so I was able to tighten the nut down by hand until the pushrod quit turning and then I went 1 full turn. The only other issue was with my guide plates. I had to loosen the screw in studs on my 351 heads and adjust a few of the guide plates in order to get the tip of the roller rocker on the valve stem squarely. 

289 with 351 heads and delta series roller rockers

Comments

  1. This worked perfectly with my flat tappet cam. I adjusted the valves before putting the motor in the car and did not have to readjust them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment